Introduction and Disclaimer
In this section, i,e., this page and its derived pages, I present some courseware for personal use and easy access (for me).
Disclaimer: I’m not a music teacher, nor amazingly musically talented. Nor is playing or teaching music (theory) my profession. So beware of that! The stuff presented here is merely for my personal use, but you may find some parts useful. But using this material is at your own risk, nonetheless.
- Books [local] [library]
- This section lists some books I purchased over the years for guitar (and other instruments). It is not complete; I actually used in the past two other books that I know of, one with a CD, and a third “evergreen” chord book. They got lost in my “only keep what you used in the past three years”-paradigm. The PDF files of the books below are only available [if at all] from my www.jdj [local] website.
- Mickey Baker – Complete Course in Jazz Guitar – Book 1 [local]
- Mickey Baker – Complete Course in Jazz Guitar – Book 2 [local]
- Rick Beato – The Beato Book – 3.0 [local]
- Rick Beato – The Beato Book – 4.0 [local]
- Rich Cochrane – Arpeggio and Scale Resources – A Guitar Encyclopedia [local]
- Chaz Hart – Rhythm Guitar Playing – Book 1 [local]
- Chaz Hart – Rhythm Guitar Playing – Book 2 [local]
- Chaz Hart – Rhythm Guitar Playing – Book 3 [local]
- Tuning System:
- This section lists the scales I use, mostly on guitar, thereby using the term “use” loosely; I mostly stick to Diatonic Scales.
- Heptatonic Scales [wiki]
- Diatonic Scales [wiki]
- Harmonic Minor Scale [Aeolian ♯7] [wiki]
- [Ascending] Melodic Minor Scale / Jazz Minor Scale [Ionian ♭3 / [Dorian ♯7] [wiki]
- Harmonic Major Scale [Ionian ♭6] [wiki]
Piano / Synth
- Learn and Master Piano with Will Barrow [private]
Voice / Singing