Well, looks like today I finally managed to bring a versio.nl domain/linode/Fedora33/Apache/SSL/Wordpress combo online for https://www.jandejongh.eu…
The Construction in a Nutshell
- I own about a dozen domain names registered at versio.nl. I registered these domains (over a period of five years or so) for one of the following reasons:
- For professional use: I put some professional software in open source (github/Maven Central), and this required, at least in my particular case, ownership of a domain like javades.org.
- For hobby/professional use: I needed a domain that would allow me to easily deploy semi-professional software, notably for audio/music and HAM like pa3gyf.org.
- For my children: The domains were registered simply to avoid third-parties hijacking their domains.
- For myself: Since I’m not on Facebook, I needed a real domain to just vomit my thoughts and this is it, jandejongh.eu…